Re: llvm suite 16.0.2

Adam transcribed 0.5K bytes:
Rust 1.69.0 doesn't build for me with external LLVM 16.0.3. It complains about some deprecations.

Odd. I'll try a rebuild to see if I can replicate this, but I have to look into thunderbird failing before.

Do you have logs or anything more than deprecation errors?

I got better luck with Rust and LLVM 16.0.4. Now it builds correctly. I have no clue what went wrong previously.

Oh, good. I just started updating to 16.04 before I left for a concert,
and was about to push it to wip, sounds like you already managed to do that.

Any chance you tried the bulk-build tests for llvm? else I'll give it another shot. firefox102 and thunderbird were the issue for me, not even a thunderbird update did succeed with 16.0.2 and 16.0.3.

There is a problem with LLDB that does not link against curses on Darwin. And compiler-rt can't be build on Apple Silicon.

I don't have this OS. Do those look like pkgsrc specific problems, or bugs to be reported to upstream?

Cheers,
Adam