Re: llvm suite 16.0.2

woboq-codebrowser: marked as broken, reported upstream.
+ a couple updates

everything in the meta package finished, rebuilding rust, thunderbird, and
python310 to be safe, I'll commit the update series tomorrow afternoon.

breakage most likely to be encountered with other packages:
llvm + clang now only install into major version directory, not full version, for example:
-lib/clang/${PKGVERSION}/include/xtestintrin.h
+lib/clang/${PKGVERSION_MAJOR}/include/xtestintrin.h

Nikita Ronja Gillmann transcribed 1.2K bytes:
Now I should look into wether the curses CMake patch was necessary at all.

It wasn't necessary.
so far (from meta-pkgs/bulk-test-llvm):
- creduce: won't build, broken due to incompatibility
- firefox102/esr: something's broken, no idea what yet. Maybe wasm related, incompatible to something I had to update maybe?
 	It's firefox, it's big, I'll look into this last.
- pocl: incompatible, broken
- py-llvmlite: incompatible, broken.
- zig: incompatible, broken, will add a note (next release at the end of May will support 16)
- cvise: had to be updated I think.
- opencl-clang: updated it, will commit it with the llvm update
- build without issues:
 - clang, include-what-you-use, polly, libcxx, libcxxabi, libunwind
 - lld, lldb, openmp

The majority of the software did build already, I'm just waiting on the rest, the optimistic scenario is that the firefox102 issue is easy to fix and I can do the llvm update this weekend of at the start of next week.

I wonder if maybe we should consider keeping older versions of llvm around (multiversioning it is not a fun project), so that we can just leave software which would be broken until next release or patches on the llvm version which is compatible.

Yes please :)
Thomas