Re: Defaulting USE_PKG_ADMIN_DIGEST to yes

On Sat, May 13, 2023 at 04:58:47PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Switching the default will cause a rebuild of all packages because the
> old +BUILD_INFO with the RCS Ids will not match the new one with the
> file digests.

Actually, this is not true.

The +BUILD_INFO parser knows about both types (digest and RCS Id).

This, however, means that we should switch in advance of the SCM
switch to make sure that we already have digests in the +BUILD_INFO
files when the RCS Ids stop updating (because we're not using CVS any
longer).

Though we probably should remove the RCS Ids completely after the
switch, which would also solve this.
 Thomas