Re: py-sip* update and removal proposal for x11/py-sip, x11/py-sip5

On Sat 03 Dec 2022 at 07:28:12 -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> * PATH TO END OF SIP5 (CALIBRE)
>
> It would be great it calibre, the last remaining user of sip5, could get
> updated (6.9.0 upstream vs 5.44.0 pkgsrc) and/or flipped to sip6.  I'll

I updated calibre a couple of times, but what stopped me from going to
calibre 6.x is that that major version requires Qt 6. And with it,
qt6-webengine. Neither of which are simple packages.

>   I think we should NOT rename py-sip6 to py-sip.  There has been enough
>   incompatibility to put it in the always-versioned time-out corner for
>   several years to come.  (I expect a 7 which is incompatible with 6;
>   that's how upstream seems to roll.)

I expect the same...

-Olaf.
--
___ "Buying carbon credits is a bit like a serial killer paying someone else to
\X/  have kids to make his activity cost neutral." -The BOFH    falu.nl@rhialto