Re: Latest samba4 changes & heimdal breakage

On Tue, Aug 09, 2022 at 08:28:17PM +0100, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> The embedded heimdal doesn't build, and you just went and deleted all the
> work I put into making it work with mit-krb5.

With pkgsrc sources from 2022-08-02, samba4 on vanilla amd64 NetBSD
9.3 fails in pretty much the same way as in the bulk build on ki.nu
- unknown type name 'heim_log_facility' and whatnot. The current
pkgsrc also fails to build for me, but that's because it's needed
to undo the PLIST changes in -r1.45 which nuked various .so files
in /private/ - eg lib/samba/private/libhx509-samba4.so. When I do
that, and have options exactly equal to "winbind", everything builds
and runs successfully; nb that it's *not* the full AD environment,
but the classic nmbd+smbd combo (aka -ads). I have no idea if heimdahl
is actually involved at any point in its operation, but it definitely
builds.

I am tempted to remove the ${PLIST.ads} bits which would functionally
revert back to 1.44 (modulo an extra python file), but I don't wish
to add fuel to the fire at this point.