Re: egg.mk and do-*

On Mon, Jul 04, 2022 at 01:23:00PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I think the other thing egg.mk does is to depend on setuptools.  Perhaps
> that should be added.

This is the reason for the change. If you have extension.mk and no
setuptools installed, you will end up with a different set of
installed files than when setuptools is installed.

Using egg.mk is one way of adding the setuptools dependency. You're
right that it doesn't support multi-egg installs (because that's not a
thing in python module land).

As long as you make sure it builds fine with setuptools installed/not
installed, go ahead with whatever change you like.

As I said, in my environment xentools415 doesn't build.
 Thomas