Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/www/firefox

Havard Eidnes <he%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

>>> I have not yet tested building firefox 101 by using the
>>> i586-configured rust 1.61.0, and by adding
>>>
>>> CFLAGS+=        -march=i586 -msse2 -mtune=generic -mstackrealign
>>
>> i have now, and "computer says no":
>
> I feel a bit silly now...  It helps if I adjust the --host and
> --target options in mozilla-common.mk from i686 to i586.  I see
> -mstackrealign is already in there as well.
>
> The build completed with the i586-configured rust without issue.

Does this mean you have arrived at something to commit, so that the
checked-in rust will build the checked-in firefox, and the only issue is
that the resulting firefox binary will require a 586 or higher CPU that
has SSE2?  (Which we know doesn't exist, but that all 686+ has?  so that
the only minus is that it won't run on AMD Geode and some truly ancient
hardware?)

Sorry to be pesky, but I'm trying to make sure we have arrived at "bulk
build of unmodified tree will succeed", which is the correctness test.