Re: Wider testing for wrapper performance patch

On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 09:52:40AM +0100, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> Thanks!  I've made a few minor changes to fix a couple of issues exposed by
> a full bulk build, as well as properly integrating it into a new package and
> user option:
>
>   https://github.com/TritonDataCenter/pkgsrc/commit/8dc38e44218048fcfc5fd087ef38f21b7eeaa8d5
>
> Simply enable it with USE_MKTOOLS=yes in mk.conf.
>
> I'll test this across a few more bulk builds and platforms and then
> integrate it (default off) to make it easier for testing.

That's impressive!

I've tried it on editors/Sigil, which uses boost and qt5*, and see for
'make configure' (i.e. including the cmake step):

Before
   56.42s real    27.63s user    28.48s system

With MKTOOLS
   17.10s real     8.93s user     7.44s system

This should go in quickly! :)

Thank you!
 Thomas