Re: Always do out-of-tree builds with CMake?

On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 06:24:26AM +0000, Charlotte Koch wrote:
> Here's how it'd look at a high level:
>
> - USE_CMAKE=yes would imply creating a new build directory at configure
>   time (default: "${WRKDIR}/build").
> - CMAKE_ARG_PATH would default to ${WRKSRC} instead of '.'

I agree that this should be done, but the implementation is slightly
more complicated than that:

CONFIGURE_DIRS can be a list of directories, so the infrastructure
would need to create a build directory for each of them, probably use
'..' as CMAKE_ARG_PATH, and set BUILD_DIRS correspondingly.

If you are working in this area, I'd also love to see a switch to use
ninja as default builder instead of make.

Cheers,
 Thomas