Re: lang/guile30 violates basic pkgsrc mechanisms to work around an ancient bug

On Tue, 12 Apr 2022 18:01:10 -0700
"Greg A. Woods" <woods%planix.ca@localhost> wrote:

> Please show the harm you perceive might happen.
>
> I cannot even begin to imagine how invoking Autoconf configure scripts
> in the documented correct way could cause any problems, never mind
> actual harm.

One thing to consider is how the base toolchain on NetBSD is configured.

$ /usr/bin/gcc -v 2>&1 | grep Target
Target: x86_64--netbsd

The triplet used by pkgsrc should agree with the base system compiler.
It is conceivable that there exists software that becomes unhappy otherwise.

(OTOH base clang seems to be targeted to x86_64-unknown-netbsd but I'd
still consider that to be experimental.)

-Tobias