bsd.prefs.mk, sun-solaris vs. pc-solaris (LOWER_VENDOR)

Hello,

by debugging an libffi issue on illumos/SmartOS I found the following
difference between illumos (solaris) based distributions (or especially
pkgsrc) for:

  gcc -dumpmachine

on Solaris 11:         x86_64-pc-solaris2.11
on OpenIndiana:        x86_64-pc-solaris2.11
on SmartOS via pkgsrc: x86_64-sun-solaris2.11

I've checked bsd.prefs.mk and we configure LOWER_VENDOR to sun on
SunOS detection.

Does it make sense to change it also to "pc" for SunOS or is it there
for any historical reasons? Based on the quote from the OSdev wiki [1]
it could be "pc":

> Notice how the vendor field is mostly irrelevant and is usually 'pc'
> for 32-bit x86 systems or 'unknown' or 'none' for other systems [1]

Your advice is really welcome.

All the best,
Thomas

[1] https://wiki.osdev.org/Target_Triplet