Re: sub-pakage to replace a file in the main package

> But more importantlly, it feels like sort of reinventing alternatives.
But is it doable using alternatives? I'd love to use existing infrastracture,
but my impression was it would need user interaction. Also, the intended use
case looks more to be personal preferences (nvi/vim) or incompatible versions
(python2/3) than simply augmented functionality.