Re: textproc/pygments: Update to 2.7.2 (patch included)

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 12:13:44PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
We have a framework for that, see
pkgsrc/lang/python/versioned_dependencies.mk.  The standard procedure
is to import the last python 2.x version under a different directory,
limit it to python 2.7, switch all users to versioned_dependencies.mk
and update the existing package to the latest version, limiting it to
python 3.x.

Ah, thanks for the pointer. It looks to be reasonably straightforward (he
says naively!). If no-one else wants to do it I'd be happy to take a stab
at it. If someone could review and commit my patches that'd be great.

The packages won't conflict because the PKGNAMEs are py27-* and py3*.

Yes, good point.

Cheers, MJ
--
Michael-John Turner * mj%mjturner.net@localhost * http://mjturner.net/