Re: textproc/pygments: Update to 2.7.2 (patch included)

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 10:50:19AM +0100, Adam wrote:
v2.6 drops support for Python 2.7.
We have to deal with that first, somehow. :)

Ah yes, good point.
Perhaps renaming py-pygments to py-pygments25 (indicating that it's not
going to move beyond v2.5.x) for Python 2.7-only packages to depend on is an
option? py-pygments could then be a Python 3.x-only package. Some changes
to dependencies may be required (so that Python 2.7-only packages depend on
py-pygments25 rather than py-pygments). Of course the problem is that
py-pygments25 and py-pygments couldn't be installed at the same time unless
there was some patching of all Python 2.7 packages that used it (and I
don't think that's an exercise worth undertaking).

Something similar-ish is in place for BeautifulSoup but it's made a lot
easier by the two Python modules having different names. py-ipython and
py-ipython5 seem to be another case but I've not looked at them too closely.

Thoughts? :)

Cheers, MJ
--
Michael-John Turner * mj%mjturner.net@localhost * http://mjturner.net/