Re: rust problems on the branch: NetBSD 9/i386 is troubled

Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> writes:

> On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 07:53:21PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> and the issue appears to be a bootstrap kit built for 8, with pkgsrc
>> ssl, on a 9 host, without pkgsrc ssl.
>
> Depend on emulators/compat80 when using binary bootstrap on NetBSD 9 or
> newer? Or check if the openssl file exists in the makefile and depend
> on it if not? Many installations that have updated will already have the
> old file around, so no compat needed there.

It does depend on compat80.

The problem is that the bootstrap kit depends on the openssl from pkgsrc
that is installed on 8, but not on 9.  So base system compat does not
fix things.

I suppose we can depend on pkgsrc openssl and hope it's not shlib
bumped, but it's unreasonable to install that.