Re: How to patch a crate?

Thanks, I'll look into it.

I'm still unsure how to patch it, though.
Also 'get_if_addrs' is archived and no longer maintained.
I don't believe patches will be merged and is not possible
to do pull-requests.

I still have to think a bit more about it.
I'm planning to package, actually already did but, its not
finished yet, a GUI Spotify client.
This requires a actual back-end hence, my interest in 'librespot'.

Although, I've noticed 'ncspot' uses the following components,
'librespot-audio', 'librespot-core', 'librespot-metadata',
'librespot-playback' and 'librespot-protocol', i.e. it leaves out 'librespot-connect', the crate depending on 'get_if_addrs'.

I could, either call 'ncspot' as the backend for the GUI-client or,
try packaging the 'librespot' sub-crates by themselves.
The first alternative feels a bit bloated and the second a bit hard
to achieve, as the GUI frontend is not a rust app and calling
sub-crates as dependencies is still a bit unclear to me.

Anyway, thanks for the hint and thanks once again for the help
packaging 'ncspot'

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.