Re: WIP commit: Upgrade to Mailman 2.1.34

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 09:58:56PM +0200, Jesus Cea wrote:
> That said, I must say that I am afraid I don't get the point of doing
> pkgsrc packages of Python packages that can be easily installed via
> regular "pip" (the python package index/installer). I am open/eager to
> be convinced :-).

Having one system to manage all your packages? :)

> PS: I see a "mailman3" directory in WIP. What is missing to become a
> regular pkgsrc package?

I don't know the state of that. It has a TODO:

--- begin ---
This is the core mailman3 package. Should be complemented by:
- MailmanClient (an API client lib)
- Postorius (web interface)
- HyperKitty (archive interface)

Sadly latest stable Django is typically not supported, which complicates laying down dependencies.

Perhaps you can try it out and get back to us if it's usable? Then I
can import it.
 Thomas