Re: proposal: remove --binary-macpkg from bootstrap

On 2020-08-14 02:25, Amitai Schleier wrote:
On 13 Aug 2020, at 10:46, Amitai Schleier wrote:

On 7 Aug 2020, at 19:17, Amitai Schleier wrote:

Is anyone still relying on being able to generate their own double-clickable Mac pkgsrc bootstrap kits? If so, can you tell us a bit about why this capability is important to you?

Barring objections, a week from today I intend to remove bootstrap/macpkg.pmproj.in and the corresponding "--binary-macpkg" code from bootstrap/bootstrap.

Reminder: a week from 7 August is tomorrow :-)

This has been done.

- Amitai
I'm thinking about creating Mac pkgs/dmgs to make pkgsrc more accessible in bioinformatics, but I don't see any reason for this kind of functionality to be in the bootstrap script.  I think a separate tool used after bootstrap would be more appropriate. Thanks for cleaning up.

    JB