Re: Fix www/ocaml-cohttp build errors

On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 09:07:10 -0400, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> By explain, I meant that it seems there is some build failure (in which
> package?), but why, and as you say, what are the rules?    I don't know
> what these options do, why they are options, what the right default
> choice is for users.  I also don't understand why, if the option is
> disabled and something important breaks, why it's even an option.   Or,
> the depending package should check the option and set BROKEN.

The last chang of www/ocaml-cohttp enabled all options by default.
It requires changing net/ocaml-conduit and devel/ocaml-logs to enable
some options.

https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc/commit/63a752815a5fdb4e618967f6c32fc40b1e52831c

Enable all options by default, at least devel/ocaml-git requires lwt support.
Bump revision.

- PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS=
+ PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS=	async lwt js_of_ocaml

> Really doing that in the large scale is too much for the branch (but a
> great thing to revisit immediately after), so the question is how many
> packages (directly and transitively) depend on the ones to be changed,
> and what the impact of those options are.

I think 3 packages, devel/ocaml-bos, devel/ocaml-duff and devel/ocaml-git
depend on the packages that I changed.

yyamano@billy% grep -R ocaml-conduit/buildlink3.mk .
./www/ocaml-cohttp/Makefile:.include "../../net/ocaml-conduit/buildlink3.mk"
yyamano@billy% grep -R ocaml-logs/buildlink3.mk .
./devel/ocaml-bos/Makefile:.include "../../devel/ocaml-logs/buildlink3.mk"
./devel/ocaml-duff/Makefile:.include "../../devel/ocaml-logs/buildlink3.mk"
./devel/ocaml-git/Makefile:.include "../../devel/ocaml-logs/buildlink3.mk"
./net/ocaml-conduit/Makefile:.include "../../devel/ocaml-logs/buildlink3.mk"
yyamano@billy% grep -R ocaml-bos/buildlink3.mk .
./devel/ocaml-duff/Makefile:.include "../../devel/ocaml-bos/buildlink3.mk"
yyamano@billy% grep -R ocaml-duff/buildlink3.mk .
./devel/ocaml-git/Makefile:.include "../../devel/ocaml-duff/buildlink3.mk"
yyamano@billy% grep -R ocaml-git/buildlink3.mk .
yyamano@billy%

> It's also useful to report if all those depending packages, not just the
> one being fixed, still build with the change.

devel/ocaml-bos and devel/ocaml-duff build with the change. devel/ocaml-git
doesn't. But anyway it doesn't build and depends on www/ocaml-cohttp.
I need to fix www/ocaml-cohttp first. See
http://www.ki.nu/pkgsrc/reports/current/NetBSD-9.0/20200623.1543/meta/report.html

devel/ocaml-git ocaml-git-2.0.0nb1              jaapb%NetBSD.org@localhost        indirect-failed

-- Yuji