Re: PATCH: add an option to mark outdated packages to pkg_chk

Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> writes:

>   change this to set the mismatched= variable instead, or some other
>   name people like that isn't the existing manually-requested rebuild
>   flag.
>     (I said mismatched because's that appears in pkg_chk already and in
>     pkg_rr, although sometimes pkg_check says outdated.  Really this has
>     nothing to do with date; it's about the version in pkgsrc being
>     different from the installed package.)

Another thought, perhaps why I had this leaning: pkg_chk -o IMHO should
have the semantics that after you run it, exactly those packages that
are mismatches have mismatched=yes.  So with the name mismatched having
this meaning, pkg_chk -o would be free to remove any existing
variables.  rebuild, on the other hand, is a request from a human and
should be let alone.

I'm happy to do the pkg_rr part if people are ok with mismatched= (or
some better name).