Re: How useful is the "mbone" category?

On Sat, 29 Feb 2020, Jason Thorpe wrote:
On Feb 29, 2020, at 12:17 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

For grins I am building vat, which I remember using on the mbone (!).

I got into a lot of trouble with vat long ago, an experience I remember fondly.  But is there anyone still 'casting with it??

wb, vat and vic are built into our NetBSD-based thin-client OS. I don't know if any customers are using those features, but they've always worked well in demos (each client can run its own 'TV station' by using a different multicast address that other users on the LAN can 'tune' into).

The mbone itself is long gone and the UCL software archive appears to be dead too.

I'd like to keep them around, I did quite a bit of work updating vic a few years back.

--
Stephen