Re: MacOS issues with devel/glibc2, devel/gobject-introspection, devel/pango

> On Feb 16, 2020, at 11:40 AM, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 12:38:49PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
>>
>> And it is, as far as I can tell completely undocumented, so it is not
>> surpising that the people not involved in writing this bit of code do
>> not understand it:
>
> Actually, it is documented WHAT WE ALLOW. $ORIGIN is not on that list
> and dropped. Heck, it is not an absolute path and therefore dropped.

I’m not sure what you mean by “WHAT WE ALLOW”.  That (case insensitive) string does not occur in pkgsrc.  Would you mind elaborating?  What “list” are you referring to?

In any case, I think you are saying that only absolute paths, i.e., -Wl,-rpath,/foo are kept by the wrapper transformations.  Is that correct?  Is that only true if /foo is outside ${WRKSRC}?

I am looking at commands in .work.log and am interpreting [*] lines as the original commands and <.> lines as the transformed ones.  Is that correct?

If so, I am seeing -Wl,-rpath,/foo options being removed.

Specifically in the glib2 package, the original [*] command to link glib-compile-resources (a command that later fails with dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libgio-2.0.0.dylib) contains options like -Wl,-rpath,@loader_path/../glib; those are all stripped from the actual <.> command.  Given that those are not absolute paths, I guess that is the behavior you describe.

However, if I modify ${WRKSRC}/output/build.ninja to add -Wl,-rpath options that include absolute paths to directories within ${WRKSRC} those are also removed (but show in the original [*] command). Thus, it appears that the wrappers are removing at least some absolute paths.

Would you mind clarifying the wrapper behavior regarding this transformation?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Brook