Re: freeze for 2019Q4 is over!

On Dec 28, 12:13pm, Greg Troxel wrote:
}
} The next elephant in the room is the status of python 2.7, which is
} said to be EOL on 2020-01-01, but in fact the release of 2.7.18 is
} scheduled for "mid-April, 2020".
}   https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0373/
}
} The python 2.7->3 transition has been a long, somewhat difficult
} process.  pkgsrc still has programs that are 2.7 only, and we're
} starting to see libraries that have new versions without 2.7 support,
} which if just updated would break 2.7-only programs.  PMC is discussing
} how to deal with this, so for the next week or so please avoid updates
} to python libs with existing 2.7 support to versions that drop 2.7
} support, or anything else drastic.  (Please feel free to bring up
} related issues on tech-pkg, of course.)

     I just looked at the mercurial website and I see that it is
still using Python 2.7.  That could be an issue.

}-- End of excerpt from Greg Troxel