Re: bulk results from 9/amd64

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> writes:

> On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 09:29:09AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> Could people with 9 handy take a look at llvm?  I am hoping this is an
>> issue in mef@'s build environment.
>
> That's a GCC bug, but there is supposed to be a workaround in 9.0.1:
> https://reviews.llvm.org/rGe93aded7f02d661234ad81aac0785ccdef6a79dd

So what should we be doing about the contents of the pkgsrc branch?  In
general, it seems pkgsrc has to cope with host systems that have issues
even if they should be updated to fix those issues.   So it seems
reasonable options are

  updating clang/llvm from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1

  cherrypicking the llvm patch into patch-foo for at least llvm

Which do you think is wisest, and who is the stuckee for doing it?