Re: Rust broken again!

On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 09:43:50AM +0100, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> * On 2019-10-13 at 08:54 BST, Martin Husemann wrote:
>
> > once again rust is not buildable for me. This is due to the fact that pkgsrc
> > does not allow $ORIGIN shared lirbary refs.
>
> ..in software built by pkgsrc, that doesn't stop you from using it in
> the bootstrap package - see how the SmartOS rust bootstraps are built.

I didn't know that, will have a look there.

> It's likely in this case that the NetBSD bootstraps simply weren't
> built correctly or have all the libraries that they require bundled
> with them.
>
> Rest of the trolling ignored.

Sorry for the trolling, it is just very frustrating to *always* have to
fight rust as the whole build system seems to be extremly fragile (both
in pkgsrc and upstream, plus upstream being a fast moving target with
a nearly impossible to debug homegrown build system). I loved the
"10 worst packaging errors" recently linked here.

Martin