Re: Is url2pkg used interactively?

Am 05.10.2019 um 17:19 schrieb Leonardo Taccari:
> Roland Illig writes:
>> Am 03.10.2019 um 22:18 schrieb Leonardo Taccari:
>>> I always adjust HOMEPAGE, COMMENT and LICENSE during the first edit,
>>> sometimes adjust MAINTAINER to pkgsrc-users@ and adjust CATEGORIES
>>> (most of the times I package in pkgsrc/local or pkgsrc/wip and in both
>>> cases prepopulated `local' or `wip' category needs to be adjusted in
>>> that case).
>
> For the reasons I had stated in my previous email (yes, they don't
> influence how the package is fetched or extracted but I'm used to just
> set those variables at that point).

I did read your previous mail again, but I couldn't find any reason
besides "I always do it this way".

I think running the editor after extracting the distfile makes more
sense because by that time, url2pkg will have looked at the extracted
files and will have filled several variables already, which saves you time.

Do you have any other reason to run the editor in the initial phase?