Re: bootstrap: invalid characters in path

I think that a single @ will not cause any problems, as well as a single dot. Therefore it should be safe to allow these characters.

There might be strange side effects in a few packages if a path contained @prefix@ or "..". But that's not the case, and both the regular expression "." and the shell glob "." match the character ".", therefore it should work.