Re: devel/gobject-introspection on Darwin

There is nothing to implement.
 gdesktopappinfo is the default appinfo implementation on unix. It was switched by another one on macOS "osxappinfo" but the implementation is only partial (for instance it does not implement correctly some methods that you have in gdesktopappinfo) and supposes mainly that on macOS we have only  "bundles" as application.
The ideal would be that appinfo does not depend on what "backend" you have (either desktop files either bundles) or that gio can determine it at runtime but now it is not the case.

I also put a comment upstream…wait and see…[1]

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/glib/merge_requests/97

Cheers,
Clément