Re: building foreign packages with pkgsrc

On Sun, Jun 30, 2019 at 10:16:50AM +0100, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
|On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 at 21:55, Sijmen Mulder <ik%sjmulder.nl@localhost> wrote:
|> I'm interested in moving things forward for providing binary packages
|> on various common distributions.
|
|If you are going to do that, it would be nice and interesting if there
|was coordination between you and other developers who already maintain
|bootstraps for Linux (~jperkin and ~bacon are the ones I know of; there
|might be more) in order to agree on some common bootstrap flags and
|avoid duplication.

I'd like to do similar - not so much so that we have binary builds
ready in a repo to download, but to capitalise on the good work that
bento and vagrant does with being able to spin up a pkgsrc-bootstrap VM
for various flavours of Linux (and some *BSDen) and use those to build
individual packages or bulk builds as required ...

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert