Re: building foreign packages with pkgsrc

> On Jun 22, 2019, at 9:21 AM, Jason Bacon <outpaddling%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> What would be the advantage of providing non-pkgsrc package formats?
>
> Would it not suffice to provide standard binary pkgsrc packages for Linux, as I've been doing for quarterly snapshots on CentOS?

Fair point.  Perhaps a better solution than foreign packages is a broader effort to produce more such sets of binary pkgsrc packages and make them "official".  And provide clearer documentation on using them and more standardized installation/bootstrapping, as you have also been working on.

What resources are needed for NetBSD/pkgsrc to maintain officially blessed collections of binary packages made for a variety of other systems?

Cheers,
Brook