Re: librsvg

On Tue, 28 May 2019 15:23:51 +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:

[rust based librsvg]

> Do we just forget about the C version?
>
> Or should we make librsvg-c and librsvg-rust and make libsrv/bl3.mk
> include one or the other based on the platform?

Well, from what I have seen, rust is a bear to bootstrap (once a
fortnight), and I can certainly think of machines that will run Xsane,
Netsurf, Gnumeric, or MATE, but not build rust in any acceptable time.

Unless (until) the C based version gets de-supported by the depending
packages, I would suggest providing librsvg-c, both port-based and as a
user-settable option.

Cheerio,
hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344