Re: librsvg

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 03:23:51PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> We currently have librsvg 2.40.20 in pkgsrc, which is the last version
> that is C-only. It was last updated in 2017, I don't expect further
> updates.
>
> Do we just forget about the C version?
>
> Or should we make librsvg-c and librsvg-rust and make libsrv/bl3.mk
> include one or the other based on the platform?

In general: avoid rust by any means you can. You have been through the fight
with this simple lib recently, so you probably understand the feeling ;-)

But the real question right now: are the libs (as of now) compatible?
Will that likely be the case in the near / mid term future? Will other
upstreams care and still support librsvg-c if we choose that path?

It will be a simple answer later in hindsight, but we might guess wrong now.

Martin
(happy firefox52 user)