Re: wip/cliqz: Request for review

Santhosh Raju <santhosh.raju%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> If possible, I would like to import the package from pkgsrc-wip to
> pkgsrc-current.
>
> The only thing I have not been able to test out is trying to build and
> run the package in NetBSD/i386, so not sure if I should somehow mark
> this package is not tested for that platform. Suggestions on this are
> welcome.

Did you test it on every other combination of OS and CPU?  I am really
glad to hear that it's ok on NetBSD/sun2 5_STABLE!  (That's a joke...)

But seriously, we do not require testing everywhere, especially for new
packages.  I am guessing it builds on NetBD/amd64, and if so that's
great.   We mark packages as BROKEN if they ought to build but do not,
and as NOT_FOR if there is a documented good reason why they aren't
appopriate for a platform (e.g., upstream says "this only works on X",
when that actually makes sense).  We do not generally keep notes about
where things have been tested in the package; once in pkgsrc, then next
branch, there will be bulk builds, and you can see where it built and
where it doesn't.  Or where rust didn't build and so this was never
tried.

> I would like to do this by tomorrow if there are no comments on it.

I didn't want to try to build it as my NetBSD/i386 package test box is
slow and old (a 2006-era laptop).  The only things that jumped out at me
were:

  pkglint passes, which is good.

  It has a fixed requirement on clang, rather than just some c++
  version.  If that is really the way it is and documented to be that
  way by upstream, that's 100% fine.  But if it's not documented
  upstream, then an upstream bug is probably appropriate and certainly a
  comment about why.

  The DESCR talks about "proprietary" things, but then I see the license
  is mpl.  Perhaps that's taken from upstream, but it would be good to
  reword if they really just mean "cliqz has filtering/saftey features
  not found in other browsers".   If there is an aspect of this which is
  not really open source, then then license tag needs adjusting.