Re: python 2.x

* On 2019-04-09 at 18:28 BST, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:

> On 09.04.2019 17:43, coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
> > Another pkgsrc post-branch, another discussion.
> > python2 will become EOL upstream in a few months. Let's get a 3.x
> > version as the default.
> >
> > Discuss.
> >

> Last time a blocker for me was that it was not possible to use multiple
> 3.x versions in the same time due to same rather silly reasons of a
> single file with the same name for all 3.x pythons.
>
> Please don't let us into a situation that part of desktop stack uses 3.x
> and other part 3.y and we can install only one of them concurrently.
>
> Is this still the case that we can install only a single version of
> python 3.x?

No, I fixed this in

 commit 2d73f5c4d66cd4487ce79280efb1ab3d205df12f
 Author: jperkin <jperkin%pkgsrc.org@localhost>
 Date:   Wed Dec 13 12:55:32 2017 +0000

   python35: Disable libpython3.so.

   This is a useless library (we've built it incorrectly for a long time so it
   contains no valid symbols) that only creates CONFLICTS with other python3
   packages.  No objection on tech-pkg.  Bump PKGREVISION.