Re: rc.d script help required for wip/gnunet

On 03/01, ng0%n0.is@localhost wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after testing and improving, I'm convinced that the rc.d
> file I have at c7bebabfb100f7baaa4b39be83e0a06fcc130ddb
> for wip/gnunet is either too complicated or plain wrong.
> Or both.
>
> It starts as gnunet user, but attempts to write to /root/
> or the $home of whoever starts it. This is not intended
> behavior, as you can read in the package.
>
> Word of warning, this will leave zombies around and need
> to pkill the service + rm -rf /tmp/gnunet-* afterwards.
>
> I'd be grateful for any kind of help and review on the
> rc.d script.

Using

  https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc/blob/trunk/meta-pkgs/qmail-server/Makefile

to find things that might have rc.d scripts, maybe you can look at

  https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc/blob/trunk/mail/qmail-run/files/qmail.sh

and

  https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc/blob/trunk/mail/rspamd/files/rspamd.sh

as examples of things that work.  (Some of the other dependencies of the
qmail-server meta package probably have rc.d scripts too, but I didn't
check.)

And then there's

  https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc/tree/trunk/pkgtools/rc.d-boot

which would let you integrate with the OS's normal boot process.

Lewis