Re: wip/gnurl: Request for review

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 5:19 PM <ng0%n0.is@localhost> wrote:
> Santhosh Raju transcribed 1.2K bytes:
> > On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 4:22 PM <ng0%n0.is@localhost> wrote:
> > >
> > > I tested this under NetBSD/amd64 8.0, pkglint reported no errors.
> > > As I did the release on NetBSD earlier this month and tests checked
> > > out alright, I can asume no errors appear at runtime.
> > > I can not test under different hardware.
> > >

> > I did not look into the Makefile script, but I did a run of pkglint(1)
> > over the package in wip and got this output
> >
> > $ pkglint -Wall -Call
> > WARN: DESCR:25: File too long (should be no more than 24 lines).
>
> I've rewritten the DESR from scratch. Do you have any comments on
> what might be worth keeping?

The description could be more concise and the goals of libcurl seems
out of place.

The compilation requirements can be inferred from the *_DEPENDS or
"make show-depends" so I am not sure if it is necessary in DESCR.

The compilation requirements also mentions the supported and
non-supported protocols and crypto algorithms, which is again
mentioned towards the bottom, which makes the information redundant.

I have attached a patch to DESCR which addresses most of the above
issues, would be nice if it can be reviewed.

> > I could try building and running wip/gnurl, if there are some expected
> > behavior that you would like me to check into I can verify those. My
> > build system is also NetBSD/amd64.
>
> The only thing I did was to run `gnurl https://gnunet.org` or some other site.
> Alternatively try to fetch a file via https.

I got an error when I ran the following command

# gnurl https://gnunet.org
curl: (60) server certificate verification failed. CAfile: none CRLfile: none
More details here: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

The only certs I have installed are the mozilla-rootcerts-1.0.20180111
, I also have gnutls-3.6.5nb1 installed. Is there anything I am
missing out here?

Doing curl(1) on the same URL in the same system shows me the HTML content.

Regards
Santhosh