Re: py-setuptools as a DEPENDS?

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 12:03:38PM +0200, Adam wrote:
> just switch to BUILD_DEPENDS and amend later.

I think that's a risky idea that will cause fallout that will take too
long to find. we regularly get missing python dependencies because
someone has the python package installed already, and it's only visible
when running the package.

someone building from source will have setuptools already, which will
make things even harder to notice.

Please only do this if you can have a way to search for those packages
programatically.

Thanks.