Re: Liblapack.so, libblas.so etc. version numbers? (working on wip/cblas and wip/lapacke)

On 06/12/18 04:54, Dr. Thomas Orgis wrote:
Am Mon, 11 Jun 2018 11:44:17 -0500
schrieb Jason Bacon <outpaddling%yahoo.com@localhost>:

Shouldn't be too hard to determine the impact of an soversion change.
Since they all just include the bl3 file, should be a pretty easy fix
too.  The .4 symlink would probably do it, if it's even necessary.
We can trigger all dependent packages to be re-built, right? Are there
examples I can look at for the specifics? If it is acceptable to have
them broken for a while until things are rebuilt, we can settle on
that. If we even can trigger the .so.4 symlink being deleted after the
rebuilds, it could be a clean affair with minimal breakage. Downside is
that this has limited testing.

How much of a no-go is an upgrade that replaces the .so.4 with an so.3
and just tells users to rebuild things? Increment the revision of the
dependent packages as trigger to rebuild on update?

Alrighty then,

Thomas

In pbulk, any change to the package will trigger a rebuild of dependents.
(I cringe any time there's an update to nbpatch, etc.)

I would think an increment of PKGREVISION should suffice for other builds.

Cheers,

    JB