Re: Liblapack.so, libblas.so etc. version numbers? (working on wip/cblas and wip/lapacke)

Am Mon, 11 Jun 2018 11:15:15 -0500
schrieb Jason Bacon <outpaddling%yahoo.com@localhost>:

> I would be inclined to cooperate with upstream's choice of soversion,
> but this does present a potential problem of an soversion going
> backwards with the next update.  I'm not sure what the ramifications are
> for pkgsrc...

How is the process to come to a decision there? I must admit that I am
not really affected by the update procedure as I always build a fresh
pkgsrc tree and keep it that way.

IMHO, a switch in the version and an additional symlink libblas.so.4 →
libblas.so.3 should work to keep binaries happy.

I'll investigate how the cmake build might work for us … not sure yet
if all switches are there.

Alrigthy then,

Thomas

--