Re: polkit vs policykit vs spidermonkey

On 10.04.2018 21:09, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> On 10.04.2018 19:36, Benny Siegert wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 3:55 PM Kamil Rytarowski <n54%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:
>>
>>> Polkit is an integral part of Gnome3 and KDE5 (and LXQt..). Better to
>>> stick to the officially supported versions rather than experimenting
>>> with extra work with custom versions of basic libraries and tools.
>>
>> Is it possible to configure polkit so as to not use Spidermonkey? No JS
>> engine at all?
>>
>> --
>> Benny
>>

> I will try to make it know.

It's not possible to use polkit without js.

It's not possible to use policykit in the place of polkit without
patching every user that ships policykit rules.

Testing this piece of software and making sense whether it works is
already difficult - I was there. I recommend to keep using the
mainstream packages.