awful things from trying to do pullups

-PKGREVISION is so close to the DISTNAME, that it almost always creates
conflicts if someone does a recursive revbump. we need to move it.

- Even with all the tooling in the world
  (http://www.nerv.org/pkgsrc/?q=user%3Aryoon)
  CVS is still awful

- Patching is incredibly clunky, only way to know that it failed is from
  having .rej files. Unclear why they fail sometimes.

- CHANGES-XXXX means half my search results are wrong

The only way we seem to be surviving is 'never doing any pullups for big
packages'. This is really bad.

It would be nice to have tools I don't need to fight, and only need to
build and test the pullup.