Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/libusb-compat

		Hi tech-pkg@,

now that this piece is committed and seems to work (at least on
NetBSD/amd64), is there any objection to switching the default for
devel/libusb to devel/libusb-compat? (through LIBUSB_TYPE)

The effect on NetBSD - and probably other BSDs as well - is:
- more reliably find ugen(4) USB devices;
- no longer need root permissions to do so.

This should help using USB scanners (including fingerprint), JTAG
devices, RFID and smartcard readers, and certainly more.

I believe the effect on Linux should be unchanged. I do not know about
the behaviour of libusb 0.1 or 1.0 on other systems.

Cheers,
-- khorben

--
khorben