Re: libtool-base and non-pkgsrc compiler

On Fri, Feb 09, 2018 at 07:22:38PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
 > On Fri, Feb 09, 2018 at 05:24:19PM +0100, Hauke Fath wrote:
 > > Manually rebuilding libtool-base fixed the builds. But shouldn't
 > > there be a proper dependency?
 >
 > When you change the compiler, you need to rebuild libtool.
 >
 > The compiler is usually part of the base system.
 >
 > What kind of dependency are you thinking of?

Over the years there's been intermittent talk of having e.g. shadow
packages for things in the base system so we can express depends.
This mostly comes up in the context of builtin packages, but when
using the native compiler it's ultimately a very special case of
that.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost