Re: Enabling SSL in pkg_install

On 01/25/18 16:02, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 03:57:59PM -0600, Jason Bacon wrote:
I'd like to use https with pkgin but...

[root@unixdev2 bacon]# pkgin avail
reading local summary...
processing local summary...
SSL support disabled
SSL support disabled
SSL support disabled
pkgin: Could not fetch
https://mirror1.hpc.uwm.edu/pkgsrc/packages/usr/pkg/RHEL7/All/pkg_summary.gz

The problem appears to be in pkg_install.  What's the canonical way to
enable SSL during bootstrap?

Just add openssl to PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS or PKG_OPTIONS.libfetch?
It's enabled by default if there is a native OpenSSL. Someone has to
figure out a decent way to link pkgsrc-openssl static for the
non-builtin case.

Joerg

Doesn't seem to work on CentOS at least, if I'm interpreting your response correctly.  I ran a bootstrap after verifying that SSL is installed:

[root@unixdev2 bacon]# yum list installed|fgrep -i ssl
openssl.x86_64 1:1.0.2k-8.el7                    @anaconda
openssl-devel.x86_64 1:1.0.2k-8.el7                    @base
openssl-libs.x86_64 1:1.0.2k-8.el7                    @anaconda
openssl-static.x86_64 1:1.0.2k-8.el7                    @base

[ bootstrap a new tree ]

Still get "SSL support disabled".

Also appears as a non-default option in pkg_install or libfetch:

===

[root@unixdev2 pkg_install]# bmake show-options
Any of the following general options may be selected:
    inet6     Enable support for IPv6.
    openssl     Enable OpenSSL support.

These options are enabled by default:
    inet6

These options are currently enabled:
    inet6

You can select which build options to use by setting PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS
or PKG_OPTIONS.libfetch.

===

Thanks...

--