Re: clang/llvm 6.0.0

* On 2018-01-16 at 23:09 GMT, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:

> On 16.01.2018 21:22, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've recently been working on packages for clang, llvm, compiler-rt,
> > libcxx, and libcxxabi version 6.0.0 (pre-release).  These are prefixed
> > under $PREFIX/llvm6 and default to using compiler-rt and libcxx (i.e.
> > no GCC required).
> >

> Does it mean that we will delete libLLVM? Namespacing the whole
> Clang/LLVM toolchain makes sense as each utility can be used as a library.

Possibly, I forgot to add to the TODO list that I'd like to
investigate doing the llvm build in a way so that we don't need a
separate libLLVM, but instead have llvm-lib and llvm-bin or something
which avoids having to build things twice.

> > The branch is here:
> >
> >   https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc/compare/trunk...joyent:joyent/dev/clang
> >
> > and is now able to over 13,500 packages on SmartOS and increasing:
> >
> >   http://us-east.manta.joyent.com/pkgsrc/public/reports/trunk/x86_64/20180115.2101/meta/report.html
> >
> > I'd be interested in feedback on implementing things this way and if
> > anyone else is interested.
> >
> > Still to do:
> >
> >  * Proper runtime dependency handling for libcxx/libcxxabi.
> >
> >  * Something like USE_PKGSRC_CLANG.  I'm currently using a
> >    bootstrapped prefix to then build the report above but that means
> >    dependencies on the bootstrap prefix which is no no no.
> >
> >  * Update to 6.0.0 when released.
> >

> There is merged support for sanitizers (ASan, UBSan) from the Oracle
> toolchain team. One patch to go for tests. I'm going to commit it soonas
> it has been just accepted.
>
> Part of the Solaris work is post branch 6.0.0.

Yeh I tried to get them to build but there were issues, so for now
they are disabled, but I definitely want to revisit them.

> Could you please add a package for llvm-lit? wip/py-llvm-lit*. This
> package is required for the execution of Clang/LLVM tests using the lit
> tool.

Sure.

> Could you please submit your SunOS patches to reviews.llvm.org and add
> as a reviwer <ro>. He has been working on the Oracle Solaris patches.

No, these are mostly pkgsrc specific patches and aren't suitable for
upstream.

> Are you planning to add a support for building against sanitizers the
> pkgsrc packages?

Hopefully, again that was something I missed from TODO.

> It's worth to include in the llvm6 namespace in one go LLDB and LLD;
> even if temporarily without proper SunOS support.

Yes, though I will probably leave that to someone else as they aren't
very useful for SunOS.

Thanks,