Re: compiler selection still

Benny Siegert <bsiegert%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> I am pondering how to deal with a platform that does not have a C compiler
> in base at all. (ChromeOS in case you were wondering)
>
> I did the initial bootstrap with a C compiler from another package coming
> collection but I would like to arrive at a situation where only pkgsrc is
> needed. I suppose a bootstrap kit containing a preinstalled GCC would be
> the way to go?

I suppose we could have cross/gcc5-chromeos that builds a ChromeOS
binary package.  Probably that needs an arch too.

I think this is a separate issue from compiler selection.  At least I
prefer to solve the smaller problem, as long as we don't do anything
that makes your ChromeOS problem a lot harder.