Re: ghostscript-agpl, netbsd-7, freetype2

David Holland <dholland-pkgtech%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

> On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 07:23:02AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
>  > With that line (in ghostscript-agpl's Makefile, just before the
>  > inclusion of freetype2's buildlink3.mk), I can look at variables and see
>  > that the builtin is still selected.  Running pkg_admin pmatch shows that
>  > the original API_DEPENDS that comes by default is satisfied but the new
>  > one is not, and there is some loop logic that I think is supposed to
>  > make sure all are met, but I don't quite follow the make code.
>
> Debugging this stuff is a giant pain (IME you have to start stuffing
> lines of the form "FOO!=echo foo 1>&2" into the builtin logic to see
> what's reached) but the first and relatively easy thing to check is
> what version of the builtin package it detects:
>
>    make show-var VARNAME=BUILTIN_PKG.freetype2
>
> because it's not uncommon for this to turn out to be rubbish, and then
> none of the rest matters.

$ make show-var VARNAME=BUILTIN_PKG.freetype2
freetype2-2.5.5

$ make show-var VARNAME=BUILDLINK_API_DEPENDS.freetype2
freetype2>=2.4.5 freetype2>=2.8.1

$ make show-var VARNAME=USE_BUILTIN.freetype2
yes

$ make show-var VARNAME=CHECK_BUILTIN.freetype2
no

But I think the problem might be in freetype2/buildlink3.mk, where
CHECK_BUILTIN.freetype2 is set to no, as part of dealing with a png
dependency.

(With hack from fontforge, ghostscript-agpl builds, but I believe that
something is still not right.)