FTP and jail

Why would ftp not work in a jail? I set up a chroot environment to build my packages in but it won't download the files. I have to go outside the jail and run "make fetch" for each package.

ftp: unknown option -- -
usage: ftp [-46AadefginpRtVv] [-N netrc] [-o outfile] [-P port] [-q quittime]
           [-r retry] [-s srcaddr] [-T dir,max[,inc]] [-x xferbufsize]
           [[user@]host [port]] [host:path[/]] [file:///file]
           [ftp://[user[:pass]@]host[:port]/path[/]]
           [http://[user[:pass]@]host[:port]/path] [...]
           [https://[user[:pass]@]host[:port]/path] [...]
       ftp -u URL file [...]
fetch: Unable to fetch expected file pkgconf-1.3.5.tar.gz

The way I set it up I am using the same actual ftp binary. It's only /usr/pkg that is separate.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost