Re: forced sysconfdir in net/bind*

> 14. 2. 2017 v 16:59, J. Lewis Muir <jlmuir%imca-cat.org@localhost>:
>
> On 02/14, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 11:34:06AM +0100, Filip Hajny wrote:
>>>
>>> since a commit in 2000, all net/bind* packages have hardcoded /etc for
>>> sysconfdir. I can only assume this was done for the benefit of the
>>> platform /etc/named.conf file that pre-exists on NetBSD. This makes
>>> things confusing on other platforms though that do not come with such
>>> and do not use /etc for PKG_SYSCONFBASE (and the package doesn?t
>>> generate its own by upstream decision).
>>>
>>> I?d like to change the packages to use a standard $PKG_SYSCONF layout,
>>> but maybe I?m missing something. Is it worth leaving the existing rule
>>> in place conditioned for NetBSD only?
>>
>> (I removed pkgsrc-users@ so as not to cross-post.)
>>
>> Yes, change it to match how the rest of pkgsrc works.  No, it's
>> not necessary to keep some special setting for NetBSD because there
>> shouldn't be anything special about the sysconfdir setup for NetBSD
>> as opposed to other platforms.  Just make your change for all of
>> the bind packages and bump the PKGREVISIONs.
>
> Also note that there is another pkgsrc package that has special
> behavior: shells/standalone-tcsh.  It installs with PREFIX=/ regardless
> of what PREFIX is actually set to.  See [1] and [2] for comments on
> that.

Thanks, I’m aware of that package. However, that one exists for a special purpose and in addition to a standard shells/tcsh package. In case of net/bind* though, all other platforms’ consistency is possibly compromised because of a NetBSD legacy concern. Unless I am missing a point, hence my inquiry here.

I’ll wait a few days before going ahead.

-F