Re: forced sysconfdir in net/bind*

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 11:34:06AM +0100, Filip Hajny wrote:

> since a commit in 2000, all net/bind* packages have hardcoded /etc for
> sysconfdir. I can only assume this was done for the benefit of the
> platform /etc/named.conf file that pre-exists on NetBSD. This makes
> things confusing on other platforms though that do not come with such
> and do not use /etc for PKG_SYSCONFBASE (and the package doesn?t
> generate its own by upstream decision).
>
> I?d like to change the packages to use a standard $PKG_SYSCONF layout,
> but maybe I?m missing something. Is it worth leaving the existing rule
> in place conditioned for NetBSD only?

(I removed pkgsrc-users@ so as not to cross-post.)

Yes, change it to match how the rest of pkgsrc works.  No, it's
not necessary to keep some special setting for NetBSD because there
shouldn't be anything special about the sysconfdir setup for NetBSD
as opposed to other platforms.  Just make your change for all of
the bind packages and bump the PKGREVISIONs.

-- Johnny C. Lam